When choosing an Atlanta Orthopedic doctor, you want a surgeon who is experienced and has years of successful results treating joint pain, arthritis, and worker’s compensation injuries.
Dr. Hogan is a senior Orthopedic surgeon extensively qualified with years of experience behind him.
He is still conveniently located on Peachtree Parkway, opposite South Forsyth High School.
Dr. Michael Hogan received his medical degree from McMaster University in Ontario, Canada where he also completed a five-year residency in orthopedic surgery.
While completing a fellowship as a clinical scholar in major joint replacement and Sports Medicine surgery Dr. Hogan simultaneously served as chairman of physicians covering emergency medical and surgical care at West Haldiman General Hospital in Ontario.
After Relocating to Cumming GA Dr. Hogan:
- Served as The Chief of Staff and on the Board of Directors at Lakeside Community Hospital in Cumming, Georgia,
- Michael Hogan then joined Baptist North Hospital, serving as Chief of Staff and as a member of the Hospital Board for 13 years until the hospital was purchased by Northside Hospital.
- As an expert on surgical techniques, Dr. Hogan founded and served as the Medical Director of Forsyth Surgical Center and is a past President of The Gwinnett Forsyth Physicians Association.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Dr. Hogan served for many years as the team doctor for several Forsyth High Schools and was one of the primary investors in building the sports facility at South Forsyth High school and was recently inducted into the South Forsyth High School Hall of Fame.
- During the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta Dr. Hogan was the team doctor for the country of Zambia and served as the athletes doctor at the Judo ringside.
- He continues to expand his academic knowledge and recently published the chapter on Osteoarthritis for a medical textbook.
- He has practiced in Forsyth County for 25 years and has provided support for many companies as a selected orthopaedic surgeon on the Worker’s Compensation panels.
- Dr. Hogan lives in south Forsyth, he is married and has four grown children.